To ensure a positive overall experience, please check to see that your computer meets the following minimum requirements:
- A reliable broadband internet connection (minimum 25 mbps)
- A modern browser (an up to date version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, no Internet Explorer)
Check your browser settings:
- Allow pop-up windows
- Allow cookies
- Enable Java Script (for eLearning)
Connectivity tests and tips
WebEx Connectivity test
- Note: Do not join WebEx sessions using a Chromebook or Tablet as those devices have limited functionality
Digital workshop materials via KT Books test:
- Login URL: https://my.sharedbook.com/serve/nm/kt/
- Email address: email@example.com
- Password: Kepner.1
Two display monitors (or a second screen – i.e., a tablet) are highly recommended for virtual sessions:
One for joining the virtual classroom
The other for accessing digital workshop materials
We do not recommend using a smartphone to access digital workshop materials due to the small screen size
The following domains may need to be whitelisted by your IT department in order to receive the inital account email:
kepner-tregoe.com , sharedbook.com and xanedu.com
Frontline and Simulation
In-person workshop logistics
Please always check with your local health and safety (including Covid-19) guidelines and protocols and adjust your approach as needed.
For a successful workshop, the following are required:
- A conference room 25′ x 35′ or larger
- Lighting to ensure projector and easel work is legible to all and participant materials are also legible, preferably lighting that can be dimmed in front but remain well-lit in participant work area
- Ventilation, air conditioning or heating adequate to ensure comfort during the sessions.
- Exclusive use evening prior to seminar through last day of program
- Minimal distraction from outside noise
- Adequate wall space for posting easel sheets, at least 2 of 4 walls suitable for this purpose
- Rest rooms nearby to accommodate the number of participants for all training sessions to be conducted.
- Tables arranged in a “U” shape, providing unobstructed view of the overhead screen and easels.
- Enough chairs to accommodate all the participants. Chairs should be comfortable, preferably with armrests.
- Small table and a chair at the front of the room for the instructor’s use.
- Table along one of the walls to store materials.
- At least two breakout rooms for small group work (case studies and application), each with an easel and flip chart pad. (Note: if the main meeting room is sufficiently large, groups can break out into the four corners of that room).
Material and Equipment
- Each participant will require their own device with internet access to view digital workshop materials (see General System Requirements for more details
- For simulation sessions, only 2 devices per group of 4 is required
- Power bars accessible for participants to keep their devices charged
- Guest internet access for the instructor
- Computer Projector with enough extension cord to reach outlet and not inhibit movement in room
- A screen, large enough to be seen by all participants.
- At least six flip chart easels – two in the front of the room for the instructor and one each for the breakout groups
- Plenty of chart pads (27″ X 34″), minimum of 10
- Classes typically begin at 8:00 AM and conclude 5:00 PM each day (earlier on the last day)
- Maximum one hour for lunch. Lunch catered on-site to minimize time away from workshop is preferred
- Coffee and soft drink breaks available twice a day, (approximately 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.)